Sunday, June 7, 2009

Banana Bran Muffins

This is another favorite. I'm extremely picky, so I don't try out new recipes unless I've tasted them somewhere and already like them. I really like my tried-and-true healthy recipes, and I will post one more that I have much enjoyed for years:

Banana Bran muffins
Makes 24 small muffins (if memory serves me right they really only make 12 good-sized muffins, but I have no bananas today to make the recipe and remember)

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

1 c bran cereal (or bran flakes, whatever "bran" you've got)
1/4 c milk
1 c bananas or applesauce (I've never tried applesauce yet)
1/3 c oil
1 egg
3/4 c white flour, 1/4 c oats, and 1/2 c whole wheat flour (OR, you could just do 1 1/2 c flour. I like the white/wheat/oats mixture)
1/3 c brown sugar
1 T baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1 T cinnamon
2 tsp vanilla

Mix wet ingredients, then dry ingredients. Spray muffin tins (I use paper muffin cups and lay them all in the muffin tin, then spray it; makes it really easy to pull the paper off the muffins, and saves my muffin tins a lot of wear and tear).

Scoop in batter. Cook 15-20 min or until done. Satisfying, non-guilt snack.

No comments:

Post a Comment