Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Challenge #3

We had a hard day yesterday and I missed posting the challenge and updating points, so Kadyb just emailed me to ask for the challenge. Oh yeah, you NEED that today! lol.

It's summer! Maybe not officially, but it IS summer. The markets are offering great deals on all produce. I'm personally rather enjoying cherries and strawberries myself. But I'm lacking in veggies. I know they're important and good for me and yummy, but I just don't eat them as much as I need/should.

I'm sure some of you struggle with that, or maybe with eating enough fruits. So this week's challenge is to choose either fruits or veggies (whichever you struggle with) and eat one extra serving a day. One serving of veggies is generally 1/2 cup cooked, 1 c raw. Fruits can vary, but a medium apple, orange, banana are considered 1 serving each. One cup of cherries is a serving. Berries vary in their servings, so here is a helpful website.

Sorry; this last week was just scattered. I'll do better with posting and encouraging and all that.

No comments:

Post a Comment